Twist-T3S User's Guide
Since a Twist-T3S Starter kit is a custom kit that we created, there is no manufacturer's user's guide for it. Naturally, we created our own.
Charging the Batteries of your Twist-T3S E-Cigarette
Although many people think that a brand new EVOD Twist e-cigarette battery should be completely charged before it is ever used, this is not based upon sound electronic theory as it relates to lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries do not have a "memory" so there is no reason to follow the charging practices of old with these batteries.
The fact is, when you first get an e-cig battery, you will not be the first person to charge it anyway; the factory always puts either a full or partial charge in batteries to test them before boxing them up and shipping them out.
It should be noted, however, that lithium ion batteries tend to last longer if they are not completely drained every time before they are charged. We realize this is especially hard to judge especially with a very large battery like an 1,100mAh EVOD Twist battery.
Also keep in mind that if the factory just charged the battery enough to test it, it will not produce quite as much vapor as a fully charged battery will and, of course, it will not last very long before needing to be recharged. Still, we always just use them out of the box until they are drained. Then we give them a good long charge the first time to make sure they are fully charged for our next use. Keep in mind, these are super capacity batteries, so they take quite a long time to charge when fully drained.
When an EVOD Twist e-cigarette battery loses its charge completely it will blink a dozen times or more. Any further attempts at using the battery will be futile. When that happens, it's definitely time to charge your Winder battery as follows:
- Attach the USB charger's cord to the USB port in the AC wall plug. You can skip this step and plug your charger's cord directly into a computer or any other device's powered USB port. Keep in mind, however, that it will take considerably more time to charge a Winder battery from the lower powered USB port than it does from an AC wall outlet.
- Plug the cord into a working AC outlet (obviously, you don't need to do this if you are going to be charging your battery from a computer or other USB device). The light on the part that plugs into the wall should turn red, indicating that it is getting power. The actual charging cord's light will be green.
- Take your battery (the longest component of your Twist-T3S e-cigarette that has a button on it) and screw the threaded side into the charger, turning clockwise. DO NOT SCREW YOUR WINDER BATTERY IN TOO TIGHTLY. Stop when there is resistance and you see the light on the charging cord change from green to red. If you screw your battery onto the charging cord too tightly, you may force the post down into the battery where it will no longer be able to make proper contact with the charger or a clearomizer.
- Charge the battery until the light on the charger turns from red to solid green. Sometimes, you may see the light on the charger flickering between red and green. This means that your battery is partially charged and can be used, but it isn't FULLY charged. It should take somewhere between 8 and 10 hours to charge a completely drained 1,100 mAh EVOD Twist battery.
IMPORTANT: The following precautions MUST be exercised when charging any e cigarette batteries:
- Only charge e cigarette batteries with the battery charger that comes with the kit. Using chargers with incorrect voltage or current can cause a fire or permanent failure.
- Never leave a charging battery unattended.
- Never charge a battery overnight while you sleep.
- Never charge a battery longer than necessary. When it is fully charged, remove the battery. Leaving a battery on charge when it is full may degrade it s performance. Although e cigarette batteries are equipped with circuitry that is supposed to prevent overcharging, electrical components DO fail sometimes and overcharging could result in a fire.
PLEASE NOTE: EVOD Twist batteries are lockable and are frequently shipped in the "locked" state. Being able to lock a battery is an important safety feature that allows you to carry an assembled e cigarette in your pocket or purse without having to fear that it will turn on accidentally.
You can lock or unlock an EVOD Twist battery by pressing the button rapidly 5-7 times. When you do that, the battery will flash several times, indicating that you have either locked or unlocked it. If the button on your Twist battery does not light up when you press it, the battery is probably locked and you will need to unlock it. If your battery does not flash after rapidly pressing the button 5-7 times, you probably are not pressing the button fast enough or it is a completely uncharged battery. It is easy to tell if an e cigarette battery is not charged; the light on the charger will turn red when the battery is screwed into it.
Assembling Your Twist-T3S Electronic Cigarette
Twist-T3S electronic cigarettes have four pieces but they come with the clearomizer assembled, so it looks like there are only two pieces:
- EVOD Twist Battery: It is the longest piece and has a recessed button on it.
- T3S Clearomizer: It is tube-shaped, glass-like and translucent, approximately 3 inches long and has a mouthpiece attached to it.
- Metal Clearomizer Base: It is about 3/8 inch long and is the only piece that can screw into the outer threads of the SMOK Winder battery. The other end also has screw threads and is what the T3S coil screws into.
- T3S Coil: Approximately an inch long, it is a thin, pointy looking metal piece with rubber gaskets on it. The base of it screws into the the metal clearomizer base and the thin pointy side slides into the clearomizer tube.
Assembling a Twist-T3S Starter Kit is pretty easy. Here's all you need to do:
- The T3S Clearomizer comes already assembled with your kit. Hold onto the metal clearomizer base and unscrew the clearomizer tube from the metal base. The Coil, which is screwed into the Clearomizer Base will stay attached to the base. Please make sure the coil is screwed onto the metal base tightly. Frequently, the manufacturer screws them on very loosely, which could result in improper contact with the battery or cause the clearomizer to leak.
- Holding the clearomizer tube with the mouthpiece end facing down, fill the clearomizer tube by squirting e-liquid down the inner sides. This is more easily done by tilting the clearomizer tube at about a 45 degree angle. Be careful not to get any e-liquid into the inner part of the tube and also be sure to not fill it all the way. The e-liquid MUST stay below the inner tube part of the clearomizer tube.
NOTE: The easiest way of doing this is with a needle tip bottle which is why we have included an empty one with your kit. You can fill the empty needle tip bottle with the e-liquid of your choice.
- While still holding the clearomizer tube, mouthpiece side down, screw the clearomizer base and coil back onto the clearomizer tube securely. The coil will slide into the inner part of the tube. DO NOT cross-thread while you are screwing the pieces together.
- Screw the filled, assembled T3S Clearomizer onto your Twist battery.
Your Twist-T3S is now assembled and ready for use!
TIP: There are three holes in the metal clearomizer base that allow air to circulate through the clearomizer. If you notice that it is harder to draw on your Twist-T3S or that you are not getting as much vapor as you used to, the airflow holes may be blocked on your clearomizer base. Take a safety pin and poke it into each of the three holes to clear them.
Using Your Twist-T3S E-Cigarette
IMPORTANT: You should always take five drags from your e-cigarette without pressing the button when using a new atomizer coil in order to prime it. After taking the five "dry" puffs, you can press the button and use your e-cigarette.
All Twist-T3S kits have manual, push button batteries. When you push the button, it supplies power to the atomizer coil (the "heating element" part of your e-cigarette) and that coil heats the liquid in the clearomizer tube, creating vapor. As long as you hold the button, the coil will be activated and provide enough heat to vaporize the e-liquid in the cartridge. When you let go of the button, the vapor will no longer be generated.
Please keep in mind that you can hold the button down for too long. If you hold the button for longer than 7-8 seconds, an automatic cutoff will occur that is built into every EVOD Twist battery's circuit board to prevent you from burning up your atomizers and overburdening your batteries. When this happens, the battery will flash several times and stop working temporarily. If you release the button and press it Again, the battery will start powering the atomizer coil again.
A EVOD Twist Battery has variable voltage. You can twist the base of the battery and change the voltage output of the battery from 3.3 V to 4.8 V. There are markings on the battery to indicate what voltage it is set at. Please keep in mind that the higher you have the voltage set, the quicker your battery will drain.
The higher the voltage, the more vapor will be produced (it will also be warmer vapor). The flavor of your e-liquid will be affected by the amount of voltage and different flavors taste better at different voltages. If it tastes a little burnt, lower the voltage. In no time, you will find the best voltage setting for vapor production and taste.
Please note that atomizer coils are sold with different resistances. Your kit comes with a standard resistance, 2.4 ohm coil, which is already part of the clearomizer. It also has a low resistance, 1.8 ohm coil included in the kit. Low resistance coils tend to operate best at lower voltage settings.
When using your Twist-T3S electronic cigarette, it should always be held at a slight angle, with the battery side tilting toward the floor. If the battery end is higher than the mouthpiece side, it is quite possible that you will get e-juice in your mouth. This is nothing more than the process of gravity!
TIP: If you are noticing at any time that the flavor is not as good as it used to be, simply take a few puffs on your Twist-T3S without holding the button down. This will re-wet the atomizer coil, providing better flavor. If you are experiencing a burnt taste and this does not rectify the problem, set the voltage lower on your Twist battery.
Since all people smoke cigarettes differently, it only stands to reason that different people will use their e-cigarette in different ways. The method we have found that gives the maximum amount of vapor for the majority of people is to draw as lightly as you can on your e cigarette while pressing the button. This permits the airflow to have the maximum amount of time heating the liquid. If you inhale too hard, the air rushes past the liquid in the cartridge faster than it can heat it, causing very little vapor to be
In no time at all, you will be accustomed to the amount of suction (for lack of a better term) that will produce the most vapor for you!