Ovale eCab E-Cigarette User's Guide
The instructions that come with an Ovale eCab starter kit are far better than those that come with most electronic cigarette starter kits. Even so, the following Ovale eCab user's guide might clear a few things up that you may find confusing:
Charging the Batteries of your Ovale eCab E-Cigarette
An Ovale eCab is unique because its charger can charge two batteries simultaneously. This sure can speed things up - especially at the beginning, when neither of your brand new batteries are likely to have a full charge in them.
Although many people think that a brand new Ovale eCab e-cigarette battery should be completely charged before it is ever used, this is not based upon any known sound electronic theory as it relates to lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries do not have a "memory" so there is no reason to follow the charging practices of old with e-cigarette batteries.
The fact is, when you first get an e-cig battery, you will not be the first person to charge it anyway; the factory always puts either a full or partial charge in batteries to test them before boxing them up and shipping them out.
It should be noted, however, that lithium ion batteries tend to last longer if they are not completely drained every time before they are charged. We realize this is especially hard to judge especially with a very small battery like the Ovale eCab has.
Also keep in mind that if the factory just charged the battery enough to test it, it will not produce quite as much vapor as a fully charged battery will and, of course, it will not last very long before needing to be recharged. You really should charge your batteries before using them when you first get your kit but if you absolutely must play with your new toy, go ahead and take a few puffs using one of the batteries before putting it on the charger to get its first good charge.
When a Ovale eCab e-cigarette battery loses its charge completely it will blink a dozen times or more. Any further attempts at using the battery will be futile. When that happens, it's definitely time to charge your Ovale eCab battery as follows:
- Attach the USB charger's cord to the USB port in the AC wall plug. You can also skip this step and plug your Ovale eCab charger's cord directly into a computer or any other device's powered USB port. Keep in mind, however, that it will take considerably more time to charge an Ovale eCab battery from the lower powered USB port than it does from an AC wall outlet.
- Plug the Ovale eCab charger into a working AC outlet (obviously, you don't need to do this if you are going to be charging your Ovale eCab battery from a computer or other USB device). The light on your charger should turn green, indicating that it is getting power.
- Take one or two batteries and slide them into the charger. Admittedly, it is extremely difficult to see the positive and negative sign on both the Ovale eCab batteries and the charger. You should notice, however, that one end of the battery has a slightly raised bump and the opposite side is completely flat. The side with the slightly raised bump is the positive side. The positive side should face toward the green LED lights. If you put an uncharged battery in the charger correctly, you will see the LED light on the side of the charger that you placed the battery turn red. If it doesn't turn red, try it the other way. If you only are charging one battery, only one of the LED lights will turn red. If you are charging two batteries, both LEDs should turn red.
- There is no need to charge your new eCab batteries for a super lengthy period of time. When the charging light turns from red to green, your eCab battery is fully charged and ready for use (this takes about 2 hours if the battery is completely drained).
IMPORTANT: The following precautions MUST be exercised when charging your Ovale eCab batteries:
- Only recharge Ovale eCab batteries with the manufacturer's battery charger. Using chargers with incorrect voltage or current can cause a fire or permanent failure.
- Never leave a charging Ovale eCab battery unattended.
- Never charge a Ovale eCab battery overnight while you sleep.
- Never charge a Ovale eCab battery longer than necessary. When it is fully charged, remove the battery. Leaving a battery on charge when it is full may degrade it s performance and could result in a fire.
- Never expose your batteries to extreme heat especially when charging (like in a car sitting in the hot sun).
Assembling Your Ovale eCab Electronic Cigarette
An Ovale eCab e-cigarette has six parts:
- eCab Battery Housing: The longest part of your eCab, it is a little less than 3 inches long and is silver with a gold recessed button.
- eCab Battery End Cap: A small gold colored piece that is circular and flat on one side with a spring protruding from the other side.
- eCab Battery: It looks very much like a AAA battery (but isn't).
- Type-C Atomizer Head: It is metal, silver, approximately of an inch long and is pointy on one side with a flat cylindrical shape on the other end.
- eCab Cone: About an inch long, this is not actually cone-shaped, but is a hollow silver tube with gold trim on one end.
- eCab Tank Cartridge: It is plastic, relatively clear in color, about 1½ inches long and has a wide flat mouthpiece.
Assembling an Ovale eCab isn't all too difficult once you know how all of the parts fit together. Here's how it's done:
- When you receive your Ovale eCab Starter Kit, the atomizer cone is already screwed onto the battery tube and the end cap is attached to the battery tube, as well. Unscrew the atomizer cone off of the battery tube.
- Remove the gold end cap from the eCab battery tube by grasping it firmly and yanking it off (you do not have to try to push in the tiny little button tabs - you'll never be able to do it!).
- Insert an Ovale eCab battery into the battery tube - positive side first.
- Stand your battery on the end cap (or hold it cap side, down). Remove one of the Type-C atomizer heads from its hermetically sealed package and place the flat side of the atomizer head onto the post of the battery tube (the thing that looks like a screw head). It should seat perfectly in the center with the pointy side of the atomizer head sticking up.
WARNING: Although the post of an eCab battery tube looks like a screw that can be turned, NEVER, EVER TURN IT! the other end of the post has threadlike wires that connect to the button. If you turn the screw head either on purpose or accidentally while aggressively cleaning your eCab, you will break the wires inside and permanently damage your battery tube.
- Place the eCab cone over the atomizer head, gold side of the tube toward the atomizer head, and screw it onto the battery tube. This will lock the atomizer head into place. You may feel a little bit of resistance as you do this, which is perfectly normal.
- Unwrap one of the Ovale eCab tank cartridges that came with your Ovale eCab Starter Kit. All of our Ovale eCab Starter Kits come with unfilled cartridges and a bottle of e-liquid that you use to fill the tank cartridges. Please see the section, below, about how to fill your Ovale eCab tank cartridges. Once you have filled your cartridge, simply push it onto the open end of the cone (the other end should already be screwed onto the battery) with the flat mouthpiece facing out.
IMPORTANT: You should always take five drags from your Ovale eCab e-cigarette without pressing the button when using a new atomizer head in order to prime it. After taking the five "dry" puffs, you can press the button and use your eCab. Your Ovale eCab is now assembled and ready for use!
PLEASE NOTE: Ovale eCab batteries are lockable. Being able to lock a battery is an important safety feature that allows you to carry an assembled Ovale eCab in your pocket without having to fear that it will turn on if you bend over the wrong way.
You can lock or unlock an Ovale eCab battery by pressing the button rapidly 5-7 times. When you do this, the battery will flash several times, indicating that you have either locked or unlocked it. If your Ovale eCab battery's button is not glowing when you press it, the battery is probably locked and you will need to unlock it.
If your Ovale eCab battery does not flash after rapidly pressing the button 5-7 times, you probably are not pressing the button fast enough or it is a completely uncharged battery. It is easy to tell if an Ovale eCab battery is not charged; the light on the charger will turn red when the battery is screwed into it.
Filling Your Ovale eCab Cartridges with E-Liquid
(also commonly referred to as "e-juice" or "liquid nicotine") is what creates the vapor that you inhale. When you receive our Ovale eCab starter kit, there is no e-liquid in any of the cartridges. This is because we think everyone should be able to select whatever flavor and nicotine strength that they like, so all of our kits come with
a bottle of e-liquid that you will use to fill your cartridges with.
There's nothing too complicated about using Ovale eCab Tank Cartridges. Since you can vape every last drop of e-liquid before needing to refill your cartridge, there is no difference between filling a brand new tank cartridge and refilling one. How you fill them depends on the type of tip that your e-liquid bottle has.
Filling an Ovale eCab Tank Cartridge with a Needle Tip Bottle
If you have an e-liquid bottle with a thin, needle tip
, you don't have to remove the tank cartridge's cap at all. Simply insert your bottle tip into the hole in the cap, fill the cartridge almost all the way to the top (for an Type-C atomizer head to function properly, it is important that you leave a little bit of an air pocket) and push the cap end down onto your Type-C atomizer cone.
Filling an Ovale eCab Tank Cartridge with a Standard Tip Bottle
If your bottle of liquid has a standard tip, you will not be able to insert it into the hole in the cap, so you will have to remove the cap. Simply hook a fingernail or thumbnail in the seam between the cap and the main tube part of the cartridge and pop the cap off. Fill the Type-C tank cartridges almost all the way (leave a little bit of an air pocket) and snap the cap back on. Then, push it onto your Type-C cone, cap side toward the cone, and you are good to go!
What are the Soft Caps For?
All of the Ovale eCab tank cartridges are packaged with a hard cap attached, but we also include a packet with three soft caps. Many people claim that the soft caps seal better, although we have not found that to necessarily be the case. The soft caps are definitely easier to remove and re-attach to the tank cartridges. Unfortunately, they also tear quite easily, so you should not only be very careful as you remove and re-attach them, but you should probably hold onto your hard caps, just in case you tear all of the soft caps!
Using Your Ovale eCab E-Cig
All of Ovale eCab e-cigs come with manual, push button batteries. When you push the button, it supplies power to the atomizer (the "heating element" part of your e-cigarette). As long as you push the button, the atomizer coil will be activated and provide enough heat to vaporize the e-liquid in the cartridge. When you let go of the button, the vapor will no longer be generated.
Please keep in mind that you can hold the button down for too long. If you hold the button for longer than approximately 10 seconds, an automatic cutoff will occur that is built into every Ovale eCab battery's circuit board to prevent you from burning up your atomizers and overburdening your batteries. When this happens, the battery will flash several times and stop working temporarily. If you release the button and press it again, the battery will start powering the atomizer again.
When using your Ovale eCab electronic cigarette, it should always be held at a slight angle, with the battery side tilting toward the floor. If the battery end is higher than the mouthpiece side, it is quite possible that you will get e-juice in your mouth. This is nothing more than gravity doing its thing!
Since all people smoke cigarettes differently, it only stands to reason that different people will use their e-cigarette in different ways. The method we have found that gives the maximum amount of vapor for the majority of people is to draw as lightly as you can on your Ovale eCab while pressing the button. This permits the airflow to have the maximum amount of time heating the liquid. If you inhale too hard, the air rushes past the liquid in the cartridge faster than it can heat it, causing very little vapor to be produced.
In no time at all, you will be accustomed to the amount of suction (for lack of a better term) that will produce the most vapor for you!
IMPORTANT: You should always take five drags from your e-cigarette without pressing the button when using a new Type-C atomizer head in order to prime it. After taking the five "dry" puffs, you can press the button and use your e-cigarette.