Ismoka eLeaf Mini User's Guide
The iSmoka eLeaf Mini iKit is a great little e-cigarette especially for people who don't want to have to push a button and who want something that is roughly the size of a tobacco cigarette.
Although the kits come with a user's manual, it's not the most detailed manual you will ever read. Hopefully, this user's guide will make using your eLeaf Mini iKit a bit easier.
Charging the Batteries of your eLeaf Mini E-Cigarette
Although many people think that a brand new e-cigarette battery should be completely charged before it is ever used, this is not based upon sound electronic theory as it relates to lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries do not have a "memory" so there is no reason to follow the charging practices of old with these
The fact is, when you first get an e-cig battery, you will not be the first person to charge it anyway; the factory always puts either a full or partial charge in batteries to test them before boxing them up and shipping them out. Keep in mind that if the factory just charged the battery enough to test it, it will not produce quite as much vapor as a fully charged battery will and, of course, it will not last very long before needing to be recharged. Still, we always just use them out of the box until they are drained. Then we give them a good long charge the first time to make sure they are fully charged for our next use.
It should be noted, however, that lithium ion batteries tend to last longer if they are not completely drained every time before they are charged. We realize this is especially hard to judge especially with a very small battery like a 220 mAh eLeaf Mini battery. Fortunately, these lithium ion batteries have circuitry in them to prevent them from being totally discharged, so you can't really fully drain them. The batteries will shut themselves down before they get to that point.
When an eLeaf Mini e-cigarette battery loses its charge completely it will blink a dozen times or more. Any further attempts at using the battery will be futile. When that happens, it's definitely time to charge your battery.
The eLeaf Mini is unique because it is charged via a pass-through cable. A pass-through cable allows you to continue using your eLeaf while it is charging. In fact, if you are always plugged into a USB port while using your eLeaf Mini, you'll never drain the battery at all!
Connecting your eLeaf Mini to the USB pass-through cable and charging the battery is pretty simple:
- Attach the USB pass-through cable to the USB port on a computer or any other device that has a powered USB port.
- Take the free end of the cable (the part not attached to the USB port) and touch it to the tip of the battery. It will magnetically attach to the battery and will immediately begin charging. You can use the e-cigarette while it is charging. It takes about an hour to charge a fully drained eLeaf battery.
TIP: If you do not have a computer or powered USB port, you can purchase a USB-AC E-Cig Wall Charger. You plug one end into an AC wall outlet and the other end has a powered USB ports that you can plug your eLeaf Mini pass-through cable into. Keep in mind that the USB-AC Wall Chargers that we sell come with a charging cord for 510/eGo batteries. You can discard that cord if you have no use for it.
IMPORTANT: The following precautions MUST be exercised when charging any e cigarette batteries:
- Only charge e cigarette batteries with the battery charger that comes with the kit. Using chargers with incorrect voltage or current can cause a fire or permanent failure.
- Never leave a charging battery unattended.
- Never charge a battery overnight while you sleep.
- Never charge a battery longer than necessary. When it is fully charged, remove the battery. Leaving a battery on charge when it is full may degrade it s performance. Although e cigarette batteries are equipped with circuitry that is supposed to prevent overcharging, electrical components DO fail sometimes and overcharging could result in a fire.
Fill Your Needle Tip Bottle
We include a Needle Tip Bottle with all of our eLeaf Mini iKits. Although it is possible to fill it without one, it is MUCH easier filling an eLeaf Mini with a needle tip bottle.
First, you'll need to fill your empty needle tip bottle with e-liquid. Pop the rubber needle tip cap off and then unscrew the lid from the bottle. Fill the bottle with e-liquid, screw the cap back on and press the rubber needle tip cap back on in order to prevent a spill. It doesn't get much easier than that!
Filling Your iSmoka eLeaf Mini Electronic Cigarette
An eLeaf Mini is made up of five pieces all of which are assembled when you get your kit. You'll need to disassemble some of the parts in order to fill it, though.
- Leaving the silver Atomizer Base attached to the Battery, unscrew the Atomizer Tube from the Atomizer Base. The Atomizer Head will either be inside of the Atomizer Tube or it will fall down onto the Atomizer Base. If the Atomizer Head remains in the Atomizer Tube, tap the tube gently, which should cause the atomizer head to fall out of the tube. You can also usually grab it with your finger nails and pull it out.
- If you look closely, you will see that there is an inner clear tube inside of the atomizer tube. That inner tube is the airflow portion of the Atomizer Tube, which leads directly to the Mouthpiece. NEVER put liquid into the inner tube unless you want to inhale a mouthful of e-liquid! Hold the mouthpiece tip in your fingers with the Atomizer Tube facing up. Using a syringe or the included needle tip bottle, carefully squeeze liquid into the outer portion of the Atomizer Tube, making sure that you do not fill it higher than the inner tube (overfilling it will cause e-liquid to get into the inner tube). You should be able to get just under 1 ml of e-juice into the outer portion of the Atomizer tube without overfilling it.
- While still holding the clearomizer tube, mouthpiece side down, insert the pointy side of the Atomizer Head into the tube (flat part facing out) and then screw the Battery/Atomizer Base onto the Atomizer Tube until it is snug. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN or you could crack the tube.
Your eLeaf Mini is now assembled and ready for use!
TIP: Although the instructions listed, above, are the "official" ones for filling an eLeaf, many customers report that it is much easier to fill them by unscrewing the mouthpiece tip off of the atomizer tube and fill it from the top. Please keep in mind that you will need to make sure that no e-liquid gets down the center portion of the tube when filling your eLeaf this way, too!
Using Your eLeaf Mini E-Cigarette
All eLeaf Mini iKits have automatic batteries that sense when you are inhaling. There are no buttons to push. Simply draw lightly on the mouthpiece and vapor will automatically be generated. You will also notice that the tip of the battery will glow blue every time you take a drag (you might need a mirror to see this). If the battery
does not glow, no vapor will be released, which usually means that the battery is not charged.
NOTE: Like all automatic battery e-cigarettes, it is next to impossible to prime a brand new eLeaf Mini atomizer without creating a real mess. Because of this, your first few drags may not taste so great or produce tremendous vapor. After 4-5 puffs, the atomizer will become primed with your e-liquid and you will get more and better tasting vapor.
Since all people smoke cigarettes differently, it only stands to reason that different people will use their e-cigarette in different ways. The method we have found that gives the maximum amount of vapor for the majority of people is to draw as lightly as you can on your e cigarette, while still drawing hard enough to activate the battery. This permits the airflow to have the maximum amount of time heating the liquid. If you inhale too hard, the air rushes past the liquid in the cartridge faster than it can heat it, causing very little vapor to be produced.
Also keep in mind that, like all e-cigarettes, the battery end should be pointing slightly down toward the floor. If the battery is higher than the mouthpiece, gravity will take over and at some point, you could end up with e-juice in your mouth (yuck!).
In no time at all, you will be accustomed to the amount of suction (for lack of a better term) that will produce the most vapor for you!